Frack Facts

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The one thing about writing a blog is that you have to actually sit down and write on it. That also requires access to the Internet at a time where you are actually able to sit down and be able to think straight. I can tell you that at the end of a camp day, that is not always possible but today I am going to try and attempt it.

First off to our new friends in Lexington, Kentucky, thank you for all of your love and wonderful memories that you gave us last week. We miss you all and we really miss the wonderful weather that we enjoyed. The show last Friday evening was a real smash and each and every one of you did an excellent job. Thank you for using your gifts for the Lord in such an awesome way. Remember, it is never good-bye it is only "I'll see you at the feast".

As many of you know, a couple of weeks ago when we were getting ready to leave Slidell, we had to change out one of our tires due to a bulge in the sidewall. No problem for the Frick and Frack team beacause not only do we carry a spare but we carry a spare for the spare. The real trick has come in replacing the spare's spare. We looked all over Louisiana, Mississippi and Alabama as we left town but found nothing in a 10 ply tire. That is until Ms. Peggy got involved. For those of you who don't know Ms. Peggy, she is Neesa's mom. After calling the tire manufacturer's home office the Vice-President of customer service located a tire and I think even brought it to the Fed Ex office herself and now we once again have a spare for the spare. I pray that we never need it and I am thankful that we have now logged over 3000 miles without one road incident this summer. Thanks Ms. Peggy and all of the people at Denman tire for their help.

This week we are in Livingston Lousisiana and the weather is a typical South Lousianana summer. Hot, Hotter, Rain, and even Hotter with stickyness applied. The boys and girls here are doing well and our hosts have been an absolute blessing in taking care of our lunches and helping out during the day. The pastor here is a choice servant and I feel like we have been in ministry for years together. The spirit here is so warm and loving and I know that God not only has been working in our midst but still has more wonderful blessings for this week and the years to come here.

I am now going to share a story, that I can sit back and breath about but yesterday freaked me out just a little. As most of you know I get up each morning at 5:45 to shower and have a morning quiet time to prepare for the day. This week has been especially special because I get to spend a portion of my quiet time sitting at a grand piano playing hymns and songs that speak to me and minister to my heart. Mom I promise I am okay. She reads this stuff. Yesterday as I finished my quiet time the pastor and his children were coming into the room and getting ready for the morning. The lights had been off so I left them off and just enjoyed the solitude and time of personal worship. I left to go outside and attend our morning staff meeting and got ready for the day. The pastor comes into the staff meeting and I can tell he has been excited about something and at the close of the meeting shares that right beneath the piano I had been worshiping at right after I left a six inch brown rattle snake crawled out from where I had been sitting. So now I can truly say I have been is a snake handling church. I am fine and so is everyone else but I check under the piano now before I sit down. Take care all and I will try to write soon.

Musically His
Phillip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home